EOP: Financial Review Process
After you have made it through the academic review process, the next phase is the financial review process, which will require you to submit a number of documents depending on your household situation as outlined below.
Depending on what you report on your EOP Data Form, the following documents* will be requested:
- FAFSA form: We strongly encourage you to electronically file your FAFSA by March 15, 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year
- This item MUST be received before we can begin your financial review
- Form 1040: Copy of your parent's signed federal tax return form
- Form W-2: Copy of all W-2s
- Dependency Override:
- If you indicated that you reside with a legal guardian
- Please note that a letter of support will be needed for all eligible students that complete the Dependency Override form
- This letter must be on official letterhead and state the reason for the involuntary dissolution of the family
- It must also contain a certification that in the third party’s opinion, it was in the student’s best interest (physical, mental or other) to leave the home environment
- Form 1099: Copy of all 1099 forms (social security received in household)
- Social Services Compensation: Official document stating the total amount*
- Supplemental Security Income: Official document stating the total amount*
- Unemployment Compensation: Official document stating the total amount*
- Child Support: Letter from parent stating the total amount* received
- Schedule C: Copy
- Tax documentation: Signed copies of previous two years of taxes
- IRS non-filing verification form:
- If your parent(s) indicated they would not be filing taxes for the year
- Non-filing statement:
- Parent non-filing statement: If your parent(s) indicated they would not be filing taxes for the year
- Student non-filing statement: If you indicated that you would not be filing taxes for the year
- Test scores: We require the SAT or ACT exam for admission consideration
- Supplemental application
- Family Budget and Resource Statement:
- This form will be sent if it is indicated on your data form and/or FAFSA household income of ‘0’
- Verification of size of household:
- This form will be sent when there is a discrepancy with the number of individuals that are in your household
* Total Amount refers to the total amount received in the household for the current year. These forms are for freshman applicants ONLY. Transfer applicants follow a different process.
If you live in a single/two parent (mom and dad) household, you will need to provide the following documents*:
- A copy of your parent’s 1040 (federal tax return)
- Parent signature is required on the 2nd page
- Copy of all W-2s
If your parent has a business:
- A copy of Schedule C must be sent along with 1040
- If Gross Receipts on Schedule C are $50,000 or more:
- We will also need previous 2 years 1040 and Schedule C
- If Gross Receipts on those 1040 are also $50,000 or more the student is deemed not historically disadvantaged
- If the Gross Receipts are below $50,000, then at the approval of the Financial Aid Office the student will be admitted.
* All documents requested, unless otherwise stated, are for the year 2013. Total Amount refers to the total amount received in the household for the current year.
Please note that based on information that is reported on FAFSA and the EOP Data Form, our office will request additional information.
For questions regarding the process, feel free to contact Michael Brown, our EOP Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, or call our Office at (585) 395-2751. You may also contact the EOP Office with any questions you have regarding the program.