Home School Students
We welcome home-school students to apply to The College at Brockport. In addition to filing either the SUNY Application or Common Application, prospective home-school students must also submit the materials listed below.
Although we require some additional items, all home-school students are reviewed in the same manner as other applicants.
To be considered for admission, you must submit the following:
- Transcript outlining the level of coursework completed and grades received;
- Official SAT or ACT score report;
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of these needs to be academically related);
- Bibliography of books used in your coursework; and
- Proof of high school graduation. One of the following is required for validation of high school graduation:
- Official GED score report/diploma with:
- A minimum combined score of 3000, no less than 500 earned for each section,
- A letter from the superintendent of applicant's public school district confirming the applicant has met all the necessary coursework to graduate,
- A minimum of 24 credit hours completed at a community college through a high school equivalency program,
- The completion of the following five specific Regents examinations for the purpose of meeting the preliminary education requirement for earning a college degree (see section 100-10 of Commissioner's regulations):
- the Regents Comprehensive Examination in English,
- the Regents examination in mathematics,
- the Regents examination in United States history and government,
- a Regents examination in science, and
- the Regents examination in global history and geography.
These items should be mailed directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at The College at Brockport.