Group Visit Opportunities
We welcome all groups of prospective students to The College at Brockport. Those who want to schedule a visit for a group can use the information below to help with planning. Groups are encouraged to plan well in advance. There are limits on group size and available dates, and at certain times of the year, dates may fill up rather quickly.
Planning and Scheduling
Group visits with the The College at Brockport Office of Undergraduate Admissions are intended for high-school-age students, but we will do our best to accommodate other requests.
Group size should be at least seven and no more than 50 students. Groups should include at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
Planning well in advance and building some flexibility into your visit plan is the best way to ensure that we can accommodate your group. Due to limited availability of staff and facilities, we cannot accommodate all requests. We ask that you contact us at least three weeks in advance so that we can provide you with the best service possible.
Reserving a Date and Time
Visit times are available on Monday through Friday (with some exceptions during holidays, school breaks, and on dates of large campus visit programs).
To request a group visit, please fill out the online form. You can also contact Jenny Rae Siplo in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by calling (585) 395-2751 or emailing email@example.com.
Visit times and dates are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you book in advance but can make no guarantees that your requested time and date will be available.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Make sure all students have permission to be out of class and are committed to the visit.
- Plan to have at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
- If the number of visitors in your group changes after you’ve reserved your date, please contact us no later than three days in advance to confirm your total number.
- Have your students prepare questions to ask during the visit.
- Your visit will include a lot of walking. Prior to your visit, let us know if anyone has special needs.
- Encourage all in your group to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Make sure your bus driver (or chaperone) has directions to Brockport. Also, they should know where to drop off the group, where to park, and where to pick up the group when the visit is over. Groups will receive driving directions, parking suggestions, and a campus map with their visit confirmation.
On the Day of Your Visit
- Arrive on time. If you are running late, please call our office -- (585) 395-2751 -- so we can attempt to adjust your visit itinerary. Please realize that facilities and staff schedules are limited, particular those of our current student tour guides. In the event of a late arrival, some of the scheduled activities may need to be canceled or shortened.
- Encourage your students to ask questions so that they get the most out of the visit.
- Ensure that everyone in your group is respectful of Brockport students, staff, facilities, and personal property. Failure to do so could result in early conclusion of the visit and limited availability for future visits by your organization.
- Enjoy your time on campus!
Contact Jenny Rae Siplo by calling (585) 395-2751 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at Brockport!