The Undergraduate Admissions office is looking for alumni that were international students or are currently living or traveling abroad to assist with our recruitment efforts. The UG admissions office has recently taken some additional steps to increase the international presence on our campus because international students bring richness and diversity to the college community. Some of our new initiatives include:
- A new International Web site with detailed information on Brockport.
- Utilizing Skype (www.skype.com) to keep international calling costs down.
- Travel/recruitment recently in Colombia, Bulgaria, China, and Vietnam.
- Reaching out to our SUNY community colleges : mini-fairs and coffee hours for prospective international students.
- Targeting Admissions campus visit programs that are specifically for prospective international students.
- Utilizing current students in recruitment process. Working with an intern for Spring 2010, we hired a current student to maintain email relationships, and we are working with current Brockport international students to recruit when they are home for vacations.
In the current economic climate, we must become even more creative when recruiting International students. We would love to have you involved with that process. Your involvement could include anything from an alumni spotlight article for our email newsletter to visiting secondary schools in your area to begin talking about Brockport. If interested in exploring ways to help recruit international students, please contact Gretchen Briscoe email@example.com
in the undergraduate admission office, skype id: gretchen.t.briscoe, telephone number: 585-395-5728.
This page is maintained by the Division of Advancement. Call us at (585) 395-2451 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated 6/30/11