1. This certificate is non-transferable and may not be transferred to staff or family. Only the person issued the waiver certificate may use it.
2. This certificate waives only the cost of the tuition and does not include any other fee added by the institution offering the course. Additional costs and fees are the responsibility of the person using the certificate.
3. The certificate is good for 25 months from the date of issuance. The date of expiration ordinarily may not be extended. (An exception would be for military service or if the institution cancels a course, then delays the recipient's opportunity to use the certificate.)
4. The certificate may be used at any State-Operated unit of State University. The waiver certificate cannot be applied to a private college.
5. No cash or waiver refund will be provided if a waiver is submitted for less than the issued credit hours. Example: A student has a three credit hour waiver and registers for a two-hour course, the student will not receive any cash or waiver refund.
6. The college clinical professor will provide the college with a list of persons who are to receive tuition waiver certificates.
7. Tuition Waivers are considered taxable income, therefore, any waiver(s) valued at $600 or more in a calendar year has to be reported to the IRS, and a 1099 MISC (Miscellaneous Income) form will be generated.
8. No waiver will be issued until the following
information is provided for the issuing officer:
a. Name, home address and social security number of waiver recipient
b. Agency and address
c. Name of student
d. Semester and school year
updated 5/1/07 jsc
Mediterranean Passages: Religious, Linguistic, and Cultural
8:45 am - 7 pm
Writers Forum: Calvin Trillin