- This certificate is non-transferable and may not be
transferred to staff or family. Only the person issued the
waiver certificate may use it.
- This certificate waives only the cost of the tuition and does
not include any other fee added by the institution offering the
course. Additional costs and fees are the responsibility of the
person using the certificate
- The certificate is good for 25 months from the date of
issuance. The date of expiration ordinarily may not be extended.
(An exception would be for military service or if the institution
cancels a course, then delays the recipient's opportunity to use
- The certificate may be used at any State-Operated unit of
State University. The waiver certificate cannot be applied to a
- No cash or waiver refund will be provided if a waiver is
submitted for less than the issued credit hours. Example: A
student has a three credit hour waiver and registers for a
two-hour course, the student will not receive any cash or waiver
- The college clinical professor will provide the college with a
list of persons who are to receive tuition waiver certificates.
- Tuition Waivers are considered taxable income, therefore,
any waiver(s) valued at $600 or more in a calendar year has to be
reported to the IRS, and a 1099 MISC (Miscellaneous Income) form
will be generated.
- No waiver will be issued until the following information is
provided for the issuing
Name, home address and social security number of waiver
Agency and address
c. Name of
Semester and school year
The value of this waiver is $250.
The waiver of tuition is valid at any state-operated unit of
In the event the named teacher chooses not to use this
certificate, the waiver of tuition portion may be transferred to
the school district in which service as a supervising/critic
teacher was rendered, for use by other professional staff members
of this school district.
Selection of alternate employees shall be by the chief
administrative officer of the establishment.
The waiver of tuition certificate does not exempt the holder
from fees and/or charges other than the amount of tuition
The receipt of a tuition waiver may be subject to federal,
state or local income tax. If you have any questions with regards
to the taxability, consult your personal tax