“To be a program of distinction and the SUNY College of choice for high quality business and accounting education.”
We enroll highly capable students and develop their ability to excel in professional careers and graduate studies by offering outstanding business and accounting degree programs. We attract and develop outstanding faculty by rewarding exceptional teaching and scholarship. We are proud of our:
- AACSB-accredited programs distinguished by their quality, variety, uniqueness, and small class sizes. We offer accounting, finance, international business, management, marketing, and pre-law programs;
- A liberal arts foundation and an emphasis on ethics, critical thinking, and personal and social responsibility;
- Expert faculty, engaged in research that advances the practice and teaching of business, while maintaining a genuine interest in student success;
- Mutually respectful, intimate environment and a culture that encourages service to college and community;
- Outstanding career planning, professional skills development and wide variety of domestic and international internship opportunities.
- Study abroad opportunities at many of the world’s finest universities.
- Restructured Department administration and established School of Business Administration and Economics in July 2011.
- Enhance student selectivity.
- Develop and effectively market program brand.
- Establish reputable graduate programs.
- Establish School honors program.
- Enhance student placement, internships, and study abroad opportunities.
- Explore development of new programmatic initiatives that support program brand and vision.
- Enhance quality of curriculum and program offerings.
- Establish/enhance metrics associated with student and alumni engagement.
- Maintain programs in accord with AACSB standards and secure re-accreditation in spring 2013.
Last Updated 11/21/12