Title: Associate Professor
Photo: Photo Not Available
- Principles of Economics – Macro
- Intermediate Macro Economics
- Money and Banking
- Financial Institutions
- Economic Analysis
- Academic Planning Seminar
- PhD 2000 Economics, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- MA 1999 Economics, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- BA 1992 Economics, Trinity College, Hartford, CT
Macroeconomics, monetary economics in general and monetary theory in particular, monetary policy. Main research in progress focuses on monetary policy and expectations formation. Dr. Cone's research has been published in The Journal of Monetary Economics, the Journal of Macroeconomics, Economics Letters, and Computational Economics.
Awards and Distinctions:
- "Optimal Information Acquisition and Monetary Policy," Journal of Macroeconomics, December 2008, vol. 30(4), pp. 1370-1389.
- "Information Technology and the Welfare Cost of Anticipated Inflation." Computational Economics, August 2007, vol. 30(1), pages 1-18.
- "Learning with Limited Bandwidth and Attention to Others' Learning," Economics Letters, Vol. 93, October 2006, pp. 132-136.
- "Learnability and Transparency with Time Inconsistent Monetary Policy," Economics Letters, Vol. 87, No. 2, May 2005.
- "Anticipated Inflation and Rates of Return in a Search-Theoretic Monetary Model," Journal of Monetary Economics, April 2005, v.52, No.3.
office phone: (585) 395-5524
office location: 113C Hartwell Hall
Last Updated 2/7/14