- Principles of Marketing
- Bus Gov't & Society
- Supply Chain Management
- Business to Business Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Business Statistics – introduction and intermediate
- Marketing Research
- PhD 1989 Marketing and Logistics, The Ohio State University
- MA 1989 Marketing, Ohio State University
- MBA 1980 East Carolina University
- BA 1978 Environmental Health, East Carolina University
- Marketing and logistics channel partnerships, partnership dynamics, partnership formation, and partnership failures
- Supply chain management, supply chain relationship to partnership processes, and expanding supply chain domain
- Teaching techniques in marketing
- Retention and funding of higher education
- Marketing ethics
Awards and Distinctions:
- Outstanding Service to Students Award, 2007
- McNair Mentor of the Year Award, 2005
- Best paper award for 1993 from the Literati Club for papers from the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management
- Dissertation Award, $5,000, Council of Logistics Management for best dissertation nationwide in the year completed
- Grant from Bearings, Inc. for distributor partnership survey, $1500
- (With K. Sohn and J. Weaver) Viral Marketing – More than a Buzzword, unconditional acceptance in Journal of Applied Business and Economics for expected publication early in 2013.
- (With M. Cooper and F. Charvet) The Intellectual Structure of Supply Chain Management: a Bibliometric Approach, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 29, No. 1, 2008, pp. 47-73.
- (With M. Cooper) "Map Your Supply Chain," CSCMP Explores, Vol. 2, Winter, 2005, pp 1-15.
- (With D. Lambert and M. Knemeyer) "Supply Chain Partnerships: Model Validation and Implementation," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 25, No 2, 2004, pp21-42. [RJ]
- (With A. Ghosh, W. Joseph and S. Thach) "Understanding Industrial Distributor's Expectations of Benefits from Relationships with Suppliers," Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 19, No. 7, 2004, pp. 433 – 443.
- [RJ](With M. Cooper) "Strategic Supply Chain Mapping Approaches," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2003, pp 37-64. [RJ]
- (With S. Singh and R. Fenton) "Rethinking Cuts in Public Higher Education: An American Example," in Education Economics, 2001, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 53 – 68. [RJ]
- (With D. Lambert and M. Emmelhainz) "Building Successful Logistics Partnerships," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 20, No. 1, 1999, pp165-182. [RJ]
- (With J. Connolly) "An Approach to Psychographic Segmentation in the Marketing of Higher Education," Ronald McNair Summer Research Scholar, Vol. 3, 1998, pp. 67 – 80.
- (With M. C. Cooper, L. Ellram, and A. Hanks) "Meshing Multiple Alliances," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 18, No. 1. Spring 1997, pp. 67 - 90. [RJ]
- (With A. Ghosh and B. Joseph) "Antecedents, Outcomes and Moderating Influences on Industrial Distributors' Satisfaction with Supplier Relationships," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 58 – 67. [RJ]
- (With D. Lambert and M. Emmelhainz) "So You Think You Want to Partner?" Marketing Management, Vol. 5, No. 2, Summer 1996, pp. 25 - 41.
- (With D. Lambert, M. Emmelhainz) "Developing and Implementing Supply Chain Partnerships," International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, 1996,pp. 1-18.
- (With M. C. Cooper and L. Ellram) "Construire une chaine logistique interentrepriese: le pare du XXIeme siecle," Lotistique et Management, Vol. 2, No. 3, 1995, pp. 35-46. Revised and reprinted in:
- (With M. C. Cooper and L. Ellram) "Logistique Inter-enterprise: le defit de XXIe siecle," Logistique Magazine, No. 107, May 1996 (in French).
- (With B. Joseph, S. Thach, and F. Vernon) "How Industrial Distributors View Distributor-Supplier Partnership Arrangements," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 24, No. 1, January 1995, pp. 27 - 36. [RJ]
- (With M. Cooper and T. Noordeweir) "Understanding Shipper-Carrier Relationships: Partnerships Revisited," Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 15, No 2, 1994, pp. 121 - 144. [RJ]
- (With M. C. Cooper) "Good Business Relationships: More than Just Partnering or Strategic Alliances," International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 23, No. 6, 1993, pp. 14 – 26. [RJ]
- (With B. Joseph and S. Thach) "Modeling the Continuum of Relationship Styles Between Distributor and Suppliers," Journal of Marketing Channels, Vol. 2, No 4, 1993, pp. 1 – 29. [RJ]
- Book -- (With Lambert, D. M. and Knemeyer, M.,) Building High Performance Business Relationships, pp. 256., 2010, Sarasota: Supply Chain Management Institute.
- Book -- (With D. Lambert and M. Emmelhainz) Partnership Facilitator's Guide: Developing and Implementing Partnerships in the Supply Chain, 226 pp., 1996, International Center for Competitive Excellence, Jacksonville, FL.
- (With M. Cooper) "Elements of Strategic Partnership," in A Natural Evolution in Other Logistics, Logistics Resource, Inc., 1988, pp. 15-31.
- (With T. Bilow and T. McLean) "The Importance of Team Support in the Sales Force," Great Ideas for Teaching Marketing, Joseph Hair ed., Southwestern, 1996, pp. 149 -154.
- (With D. Decelles, A Rossi, and S. Sunderlin) "Egg-Spress Distribution: a Simulated Distribution Exercise," Great Ideas for Teaching Marketing, Joseph Hair ed., Southwestern, 1996, pp. 311 – 315, 2005, pp.97 -99.
- Dissertation: Logistics Partnerships: An Exploration of Form and Influencing Factors Leading to a Normative Model of Partnership Building; Committee Chair: Bernard J. La Londe. (CLM Dissertation Award, 1990)
office phone: (585) 395-5572
office location: 106A Hartwell Hall
Last Updated 1/29/14