Title: Associate Professor
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- DBA 2000 Accounting, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- MBA Accounting, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- MS Mathematics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- BS Mathematics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Certified Management Accountant
- Management Accounting
- Professional Issues
- Accounting Pedagogy
Awards and Distinctions:
- Grant recipient of $10,000 to study energy saving possibilities at SUNY Fredonia, with S.M.
Aghzadeh and M. Seyedian, 1987.
- (With Michael J. Braunscheidel) "Process Variation: Demonstrating Responsibility," Academic
Exchange Quarterly, fall 2009.
- "Use of Humor as a Pedagogical Tool," Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 12, 1: November, 2008.
- (With J. Cordeiro and R. Veliyath) "Moderators of the Relationship between Director Stock- Based Compensation and Firm Performance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2007.
- (With S. Stites-Doe)"Factors Affecting Small Accounting Firms' Newcomer Retention," The National Accountants Journal, summer, 2005.
- (With D. Kent) "Understanding the Accounting Lag in Relation to Implementation of Management Accounting Innovations Following Advanced Manufacturing Technology Innovations," The International Journal of Business Disciplines, Fall/Winter 2004, pp. 103 – 123.
- (With A. M. Hibschweiler) "Improving Professional Ethics – Steps for Implementing Change," CPA Journal, Vol. 74, No. 6, June, 2004, pp. 58 – 67.
- (With B.J. Kaplan) "Differences in Psychological Characteristics of Spenders and Savers," Journal of Human Psychology, 1995.
- (With A.M. Hibschweiler) "Planning for Natural Death: Ancillary to Estate Planning," Journal of Personal Financial Planning, September/October, 1993.
- (With S. M. Aghazadeh) "A Directory of 66 Packages for Forecasting and Statistical Analysis," The Journal of Business Forecasting Methods and Systems, Vol. 11, No. 2, summer 1992.
- (With B. J. Kaplan) "Household Economics: Who's Saving Money and Why?" Phoebe, An Interdisciplinary Journal of Feminist Scholarship Theory and Aesthetics, Summer, 1992.
- (With J. F. Hopson and P. Hopson) "Pros and Cons of Different Legal Forms of Business," The Journal of Professional Bookkeeping and Management, winter 1992.
- (With C. P. Andrews and A. M. Hibschweiler) "Business Failures: The CPA's Role in the Bankruptcy Maze," Journal of Accountancy, June 1991.
- (With J. J. Bankosh, Jr.) "The Case of the Profitable Restaurant," Restaurant Hospitality, Vol.73, No.10, October 1989.
- (With K. Sohn) "Meta-Analysis of Student Performance in Micro and Macro Economics: Online VS Face-to-Face Instruction," AmHighEd's 8th International Conference, Niagara Falls, NY, October 10-12, 2012.
- (With Tom Pencek) "A Comparison of Selected Financial Ratios for Six Major Industrial Nations," presented at the Decision Science Institute, Providence, R.I., March 1995.(With B. J. Kaplan)
- "Sex Differences in Correlates of Percentage Income Saved," Proceedings of the National Conference of the American Psychological Association, New Orleans, August 1991.
- "Social and Behavioral Correlates of Accountants," Proceedings of the 16th Annual Sociological Research Symposium, Alpha Kappa Delta, Richmond, Virginia, September 1987.
- Dissertation: "A Study of Factors that could Influence the Duration of the Accounting Lag as Applied to US Manufacturers" [ORP].
- "Suggested Ways to Improve Earnings Forecasts," (book review) in Journal of Business Forecasting, Vol. 5, No. 4, March 1987.
office phone: (585) 395-5056
office location: 113B Hartwell Hall
Last Updated 1/29/14