Fitness Center Rules
- Appropriate clothing is required at all times.
- No open toe shoes are allowed to be worn in the Fitness Center.
- Do not drop weights on the Fitness Center floor and rack weights when finished.
- Pick up your towels, water bottles, newspapers, etc.
- Do not monopolize equipment.
- No food is allowed within the Fitness Center.
- There is a 30 minute limit on all cardio machines when others are waiting. Machines are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Spotters are highly recommended.
- As a courtesy to others we ask that you wipe down your equipment after use.
- Carry bags are not permitted in workout areas.
- All students and members are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times. Members must accompany their guests while in the Fitness Center.
Disrupting or interfering with the workout of another member is not permitted. Respect the rights of others by using courteous and appropriate behavior.
Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. As such, valuables should not be left unattended. Items will not be held at the front desk.
Compliance with free weights includes the following:
Collars are encouraged to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
Weight plates are not to be leaned against equipment, stands, and/or machines.
After utilizing equipment, strip bars and return plates and dumbbells to proper storage areas.
Students and members utilizing the fitness center should report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries, and concerns immediately to a staff member.
- Exercise equipment must not be altered and must be used in accordance with its intended purpose.
- Verbal and/or physical abuse, to students and members, as well as physical abuse to property are not allowed. Aggressive behavior will result in immediate dismissal from the facility and can result in loss of membership privileges and legal action.
- Only authorized Campus Recreation personnel are allowed to personal train within the recreational facilities. Use of this facility for personal gain is prohibited.
- Weights may not be removed from the Fitness Center for any reason.
- All activities are to cease at the designated closing time and all students and members are to clear the facility at this time.
- Loitering is not permitted within the Fitness Center.
- Please ask Fitness Center staff for assistance when using equipment in which you are not familiar with.
- Personal music items must be accompanied by personal headphones.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. No swearing, grunting, or other loud noises are allowed.
- Individuals 15 years of age and younger are not allowed in the fitness center.
- Individuals who are 16 or 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, unless they are a College at Brockport student
Last Updated 7/15/14