Eagle Connect: Brockport's online database for local and national jobs/internships.
Monster.com, Indeed.com, America's Job Bank: Some of the more popular job boards- also search company websites for job postings.
Careerbuilder: Rochester's local newspaper's online Help Wanted section. Check your local newspaper for openings.
- Teacher Candidates: Teachers can access some of the following websites Web Resources (PDF) for help finding employment.
- Government Jobs: Looking for a federal job? Access our booklet on How to Apply for a Federal Job (PDF). USA Jobs is the main website for federal internships and jobs.
- Veterans: Two places to start looking for positions: USA Jobs and Military Connection.
- Community-Based Programs: Take a look at Americorps, Peace Corps, as well as The Corporation for National and Community Service for programs where you can provide service to communities.
- Academic Positions: Chronicle of Higher Education lists over 1,000 jobs listed each week and includes interesting articles about using higher degrees in nonacademic positions.
Other Job Search Help:
You are ready to apply for a position(s). All documents, including a cover letter and resume, must be error free. Check with the employer to see if you also need to fill out an application and provide references (PDF). The job posting usually describes the process you need to follow.