Quick Hire Guide for Supervisors
We'd still like you to be familiar with the Supervisor's Manual, but if time is short, here are the basics.
- Do you have money budgeted to your department for the position? Funds may either be Temporary Service (to hire any enrolled student) or Work-Study (to hire someone deemed eligible by the Office of Financial Aid).
- Have you submitted a job description to Student Employment for advertising on JobShop? JobShop is the online system used by the College to advertise on and off campus jobs for our students.
- After interviewing applicants, send the student hired to Student Employment with a Referral Form. You will need to identify the account code to pay the student and the hourly wage. Students also must complete required federal and state forms. Students should bring the proper identification/documentation from the List of Acceptable Documents when completing the work authorization at Student Employment. These documents must be original. We CANNOT accept photocopies or faxes and the documents CANNOT be expired.
Students start at the current minimum wage per hour and may be given raises according to the guidelines. For information, visit our wage guidelines page
- Print a payroll calendar for a schedule of pay periods, timesheet due dates and paydays. Print this to keep track of what timesheets you have submitted and that the student has been paid.
You also may obtain and print timesheets.
- Sign up for the Supervisor's Listserv to receive periodic reminders, news and announcements of interest regarding Student Employment.
Questions, call Ave Gardner or Adam Standish at (585) 395-2468.
APA & Library Services
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Research & Database Searching
noon - 1 pm
Emailing from Banner for Administrative Staff
1 pm - 4 pm