General Education Requirements
Undergraduate students seeking an undergraduate degree must meet the requirements below.
SUNY Requirements at Brockport
Students must complete at least 30 credits meeting the following requirements.
- Math (M)
- Basic Communication (Q)
- TWO Natural Science (N or L), at least one with lab (L)
- TWO Social Science (S)
- TWO Humanities (H)
- TWO Fine Arts (F or P), at least one with performance (P)
- Foreign Language (111 level)
Additional Brockport Requirements
- Computer Skills Exam
- Contemporary Issues (I)
- Prospectives on Gender (W)
- Oral Communication (Y)
- Diversity or Other World Civilizations (D or O)
Requirements for Transfer Students
- Transfer students who matriculate with fewer than 24 credits must complete Brockport's requirements (above).
- Transfer students who matriculate with more than 24 credits, but who have not completed SUNY general education requirements prior to admission:
Transfer students have completed the SUNY general education requirements at another SUNY institution prior to matriculation at Brockport:
- SUNY requirements: Students may redistribute the requirements proivded they demonstrate coverage of each of Brockport's areas and constitute 30 credits.
- Brockport requirements: The Diversity or Other World Civilizations requirement is waived.
- SUNY requirements: Brockport deems these students to have completed these requirements.
- Brockport's requirements: The Diversity or Other World Civilizations requirement is waived.