- This form must be submitted to the Certification Office during your final semester. Please do not submit prior to your final semester. Submitting multiple forms will delay the processing of your recommendation for certification.
- All fingerprinting required by New York State Education Department (NYSED) for certification must be scheduled with MorphoTrust at www.IdentoGO.com. For complete directions and information on the fingerprinting process, please see NYSED Fingerprinting Process from Start to Finish. This link will provide details including fees, ORI Number needed for the process, and contact information relevant to the process.
Register for, take and pass the New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE)
Complete all coursework and program requirements for your Brockport Degree
Complete an Application for Graduation with the Office of Registration and Records
- Your degree will NOT be posted to your transcript unless you indicate that you are intending to graduate by completing the application at www.brockport.edu/registrar/forms.htm.
- Recommendations for certification cannot be made to the NYS Education Department until your graduation date has been posted to your transcript. This generally occurs about 4 weeks after your graduation date. (You can check this in BANNER on your transcript.)
Apply Online for your Initial Certificate(s)
- After the Office of Certification receives your Certification Recommendation Form for the initial certificate, it will be reviewed to determine the certificate(s) for which you are eligible to receive the College recommendation.
- If there are outstanding requirements or further documentation is required prior to receiving the College recommendation, you will be notified in writing.
- Instructions for creating a TEACH Account can be found at the Certification Office website. Do NOT set up a second account in TEACH if you have previously done so--this will delay processing. Instructions and program codes by program area can be found on the Certification Webpage under applying for certification.
- After your degree is awarded by the College (posted to your transcript), the Certification Office will transmit the College recommendation for your certificate(s) to the Office of Teaching Initiatives to be matched with your application. You will be able to view the recommendation in your TEACH Account under College Recommendations.
- As soon as all NYS requirements for the certificate(s) have been met, the certificate will issue. You will be able to view the status of your certificate in the same way that you apply for your certificate--by logging into your TEACH Account.
- Paper certificates for initial certification are not mailed. For proof of your certification, please print your TEACH record.
Last Updated 9/3/15