Article VI: Standing Committees of the Senate
Section L: Committee on the Graduate Curriculum and Policies
- Membership: At least one-half (1/2) the membership of this committee shall be teaching faculty, including one (1) teaching faculty member from a department with a graduate program in each on the three (3) Schools of the College. This Committee shall be chaired by a teaching faculty member from a department with a graduate program. The Dean of Graduate Studies shall be an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Committee, but shall not chair the Committee.
- Purpose: This Committee shall act for the Senate in the continuing study and review of all phases of the graduate curriculum, and academic standards. Specifically, the committee shall make recommendations to the Senate on such concerns as:
- Approval, revision, and removal of graduate programs
- Criteria for graduate degrees
- Study and review on a continuing basis graduate student policies