How to Submit Your Proposal for Consideration as a
College Senate Resolution
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: February 28
Submitted proposals must be complete including approval signatures when needed.
Incomplete proposals will be returned.
Proposals received after the deadline may be tabled until next academic year due to insufficient time to go through the Senate process before the end of the spring semester.
NOTE: Send General Education Proposals to the Vice Provost's office. Scroll down for General Education instructions and forms.
PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS TO THE COLLEGE SENATE
- PROPOSAL COVER: Complete and insert the most current Senate cover page as the first page of your proposal .
- Please use the updated cover form provided here for your convenience.
- Complete one cover page for each proposal.
- Check the Approved Resolutions page to identify the previous resolution that will be replaced if your proposal passes the Senate. Include that on the cover page.
- PROPOSAL: Merge the cover sheet, proposal and all attachments into one Word document before emailing it to the Senate office.
- Please, do not send .pdf files.
- Incomplete or proposals containing multiple attachments may be returned to the originator.
- Click here for help on merging and inserting scanned files into your Word document.
- Signature pages may be sent as hard copies if you are unable to scan and merge them into your proposal.
individual proposals electronically in Word format using committee guidelines (
linked below) to the College Senate Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not send your proposal directly to the committee. It must be documented and logged in at the Senate office prior to any review by committee.
the following guidelines
in the preparation of your documents. Go to the executive
committee link for a list of standing committee chairs. Please
contact them for further submission details.
- Graduate Program Proposal
- Combined Degree Program Proposal
- General Education Proposal Guidelines and Forms
- Submit all GED proposals to the appropriate Dean's office. If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Lamphron in the Vice Provost's office - 395-2504.
Once your proposal has been logged in at the Senate Office, it will be forwarded to the appropriate standing committee. A copy will be sent to the originator including the routing number and official title. Please use the routing number and title in any future communications you make regarding your document. This will avoid confusion with other similar submissions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MERGING DOCUMENTS
- Open, fill out and save the Proposal Cover Form
- "Save" using a file name other than Proposal Cover Form
- Move your cursor to the next blank page
- On the tool bar, select "Insert"
- On the drop down menu, select "file"
- On your file menu, select the document you wish to insert and click "open" or "OK"
- "Save" your proposal
- Continue with each document you wish to insert into your proposal.
(If you are having difficulty merging some documents, as is the case with GED forms, contact Tracy at 395-2586.)
INSERTING .PDF FILES INTO YOUR PROPOSAL
- Open the .pdf file you wish to insert into your proposal
- Select the "camera" or "photo" on the tool bar
- Click and drag the cursor from the upper left hand corner of your .pdf file to the end of the document, thus taking a snapshot of it
- Open the proposal and "paste" the snapshot into your proposal
- "Save" your proposal
MAKING A .PDF FILE (please do not send your document as a .pdf)
- Create your document in Word, save.
- Select "File" on your toolbar.
- Select "Print" on the drop-down menu.
- Select "CUTEPDF" from the drop-down menu in the printer selection box.
- Click "OK"
- Choose where you want to save your .pdf file, name it and click OK.
Feel free to contact Tracy Daniels in the Senate Office if you encounter difficulty in preparing your document. 395-2586, email@example.com.
Return to Top