Faculty Position Starting in Fall
Applications are invited for a tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in Information Systems in the Department of Computer Science
starting in Fall 2014.
Brief Description of Duties
To teach required and elective courses in Information Systems and Computer
Science, engage in scholarly research leading to refereed publications in the
area of specialization and actively participate in departmental, college, and professional service appropriate to the rank.
- Doctoral degree in Information Systems, or doctoral degree in a closely
related discipline with masterís level expertise in Information Systems, at
the time of appointment. ABD (all but dissertation) hires must earn their
doctoral degree within six months of appointment.
- Commitment to undergraduate education.
- Potential to diversify the curriculum, student body, and/or faculty
ranks by serving as a mentor or an effective role model for women and
minority students under-represented in the computing disciplines.
- Promise of continued professional development and scholarly activity
leading to refereed publications.
- Expertise and/or teaching experience in one or more of the following areas:
Information Assurance, Mobile and Cloud Computing, Human-Computer Interaction
and Multimedia, Data Management.
How to Apply?
To apply, submit your application online at www.brockportrecruit.org:
- Cover letter that addresses the required qualifications,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Research plans (as Other Doc 1)
- Scanned copy of graduate transcript (as Other Doc 2);
official transcript s required at a later date, and
- Contact information for three professional references (as Other Doc 3).
You should also request your three references to email or mail confidential
letters to: Dr. Vishal Anand (VAnand@brockport.edu), Department of Computer Science, The College
at Brockport, 350 New Campus Drive, Brockport, NY 14420
The online application will require you to address the following issues. It is
recommended that you prepare your answers ahead:
- State the discipline of your highest degree, exactly as stated or will
be stated in your diploma and the transcripts.
- Briefly describe any experience you have had in teaching Information
Systems or Computer Science courses.
- What attracts you to teaching at a primarily undergraduate College such
as The College at Brockport?
- Identify five (5) courses from the CIS and CSC courses listed at
that you have the greatest interest in teaching.
- Describe any non teaching experience you have had which relates to teaching
Information Systems or Computer Science, such as consulting, positions in
- Please describe your experience in obtaining or participating in grants,
- Explain your familiarity with the ABET accreditation process.
- Briefly compare and contrast the disciplines of Information Systems
and Computer Science.
- The program conferring your highest degree is from a a. Technical School
or Department, b. Business School or Department, c. Library School or
Department, or d. Other
- Describe your expertise and/or experience as a mentor or effective role
model for women and minority students under-represented in the discipline
Questions and Clarification
The College at Brockport is a comprehensive liberal arts institution, offering
undergraduate degrees in Computer Information Systems (ABET-accredited) and
Computer Science (one track of which is ABET-accredited). For information about
our programs and the list of courses we offer, please visit
For questions and clarification, please write to Dr. K. Lakshmanan, at
KLakshma@brockport.edu or call (585)