Charge to the Council
The College Technology Council (CTC) will advise the College
-- and specifically the College’s Chief Information Officer -- on directions for the future of technology and information resources at the College at Brockport. We will consider “technology and information resources” in broad terms, including all applications, computer equipment, systems, and digital resources that assist the College in fulfilling its mission. The Council will help to develop and recommend policy related to technology at Brockport, and will assist in identifying strategic directions for technology services.
During the 2010-2011 academic year, the CTC will:
- Provide guidance in the setting of information technology policies as they relate to the use of technology in the academic and administrative environment.
- Provide recommendations on the integration of instructional technologies into the curriculum and the College’s support for these.
- Provide recommendations regarding College support for information resources in support of research and teaching, including research equipment and lab equipment.
- Provide advice on the future development of College learning environments.
- Provide guidance on policies related to personal computing resource management, including standards, acquisition, support, disposal, and implementing the Virtual Desktop Interface.
- Provide advice and guidance towards extending a “green” (or “greener”) computing environment at the College.
- Provide comment on the LITS 2010 MISO assessment.
- Provide comment on the College’s 2010-2013 strategic technology priorities.
- Provide guidance and recommend policies regarding the College’s Web presence.
- Review usage of and College support for all computer labs.
- Provide oversight and consultation on technology budget matters.
- Provide oversight and consultation regarding the level of the Student Technology Fee.
If you have a college technology question or concern that you would like addressed
by the CTC, please contact CTC Chair Christopher Price at email@example.com or x5025.
Last Updated 6/3/11