Graduate Audition Date and
Information for 2013 - 2014
February 24 - 25, 2014
By Invitation Only April 14 - 15, 2014
Auditions may include an evening performance, student concert feedback showing or preview, concert preview or lecture/demonstration.
MFA-MA Graduate Dance Audition Application Form
Note: For priority consideration, please return no later than
4 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014.
Applications may also be submitted at the audition.
Applicants must submit a complete college application to Graduate Admissions by April 11, 2014. It can be submitted on-line or in person while on campus for the audition. The audition process runs over the course of two days and includes:
- Audition in modern dance-based technique class
- Solo choreography showing - approximately three minute excerpt
- Critical writing assessment session
- Group discussion with members of the graduate committee
- Interview with chair, graduate director, or program advisor
- Observe/participate in ongoing classes
- Lunch with current graduate students
- View student, faculty and/or guest artist choreography
- Facilities and campus tour
- Teaching assistantship audition for applicants selected in advance. There are a limited number of highly competitive graduate assistantships available. Be prepared to share your teaching philosophy with the faculty.
It is preferred that all auditions be done in person on the above dates. If you are unable to attend an audition in person, please call the Department of Dance
to discuss possible alternatives. With prior permission, videotapes/ DVDs may
be accepted and must
- an oral self-introduction including your name, what dance program you are interested in, the reasons for your interest in The College at Brockport and a synopsis of your career goals;
- a three-five minute modern dance technique self choreographed solo; and
- any additional performance or studio work (optional)
- vimeo/YouTube clip may be considered
Graduate applications are now self-managed. Completed applications should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions by April 11, 2014 for fall admission. Dance auditions are held in February with April invite.
The graduate assistantship and audition applications should be returned to the Department of Dance.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Application due by February 1, 2014.
Graduate application forms may be obtained from:
Office of Graduate Admissions
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420
Telephone: (585) 395-5465
We look forward to meeting you and will make every effort to give you an enjoyable experience.
Last Updated 6/26/13