THE MARGUERITE ROCK
The Marguerite Rock Ward Award is given in memory of Peg Ward, long time resident and friend of students, and is awarded each year to an outstanding
undergraduate student in the Elementary Teacher Certification Program
in the department of Education and Human Development whose activities
during his/her years at Brockport reflect a concern for the welfare of
others in the college and the Brockport communities.
- An undergraduate student with an excellent academic record.
- Registered in Elementary Teacher Certification Program in the Department
of Education and Human Development.
- Minimum of four (4) semesters at Brockport.
- Completed at least the participation phase of the Elementary Teacher
- High potential for becoming an excellent elementary teacher as demonstrated
in participation and/or student teaching if completed in the Elementary
Teacher Certification Program.
- Demonstrated concern for the welfare of others in the College and the
Brockport Communities through such services as volunteer work in the school
districts, with handicapped persons and the elderly, in church related
activities and at Veterans Hospitals and the Red Cross.