Warren H. and Mary Ann Hewes Scholarship
This scholarship, established by Mr. and Mrs. Warren H. Hewes '57, assists an outstanding student from the Greece Central School District who is preparing for a career in education with a concentration in literacy.
- Preference will be given to a graduate of the Greece Central School District or a current resident of Greece, New York. Secondary preference will be given to a graduate of Byron-Bergen or Spencerport High Schools
- An undergraduate student accepted in the childhood inclusive teacher certification program.
- Demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching literacy in the elementary classroom.
- Submit an essay not to exceed two pages that highlights the applicant's commitment to teaching children (especially in literacy education) and/or his/her goals in this area..
- Provide two letters of recommendation including one from a member of the Education and Human Development Department and one from another faculty member at The College at Brockport.