THE LEA COWLES MASTERS AWARD
is given in honor of the memory of an outstanding graduate of Brockport,
Lea Agnes Boyle, class of 1917, whose leadership and achievements in early
childhood education left their impact around the world. The Lea Cowles master Award recognizes a student whose performances as a student teacher at the primary level (K-3) exemplifies exceptional sensitivity, a creative ability, and commitment for teaching young children.
- Registered in Elementary Teacher Certification Program in the Department
of Education and Human Development.
- Minimum of two (2 semesters at Brockport).
- Completed at least one assignment at primary level (K-3) in a field-based
student teaching practicum.
- Demonstrated exceptional sensitivity, creative ability and commitment
for teaching young children at the primary level (K-3).
- Recommended as an outstanding prospective teacher by the Clinical Professor
responsible for the field based student teaching practicum after consultation
with Supervising Teacher and Principal of the school in which students
primary level of teaching assignment occurred.