Teacher candidates who are newly admitted into the Education Program (as Childhood Inclusive, Adolescence Inclusive or Adolesence Inclusive Generalist teacher candidates) will attend an Orientation to find out more about program requirements. Depending on the teacher candidate's class schedule and Plan of Study, they may register for a course that requires a 50-hour Field Experience placement.
All field experience placements are arranged between the Field Experience Office staff and administrators in the school districts. Teacher candidates do not arrange their own placements. In order for the Field Experience Office staff to secure a field experience placement for a teacher candidate, the following is required in the semester prior to the field experience:
- Field Experience Placement Request Form. Typically these are handed out during the Orientation. In subsequent semesters, notification will be given via e-mail that forms are due for the following semester. A new form is due for each field experience placement, and later for student teaching.
- A resume. A professional, updated resume will be due each semester prior to field experience and student teaching. Resumes must follow the guidelines in the Resume Samples and Tips. In addition, resumes can be critiqued through Career Services. Teacher candidates may contact Career Services (call 585-395-2159) for information on resume assistance.
- An Availability Form. You complete this form to indicate the days and times that you are available to be in your placement (travel time is not included). This form is necessary for the Field Experience Office staff to determine an appropriate placement for each teacher candidate. Forms are available in ANGEL.
- Placement forms, resumes and Availability forms should be submitted electronically through your ANGEL drop box. When a teacher candidate is new to the program, the ANGEL group may be designated as CERTIFICATION INTENT (CER2), instead of Adolescence Inclusive/Generalist or Childhood Inclusive. This designation will switch over to the correct program before the next semester. In the meantime, the CER2 drop box will be open for submissions.
- Teacher candidates must register for the course as soon as possible.
- Field Experience placement dates for spring 2013 begin in February, and continue through May 10, 2013.
- Field Experience Placement Request Forms and resumes for fall 2013 are due March 15, 2013. Watch for an e-mail notification about this process.