The Bilingual program meets the academic requirements for the extension certificate in bilingual education except for those certified in a foreign language. This master's degree program will meet the professional or permanent certification education requirement for those eligible for program participation.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year
college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Valid NYS certification in one of the following
- initial Childhood 1-6,
- provisional elementary Pre K-6, or
- initial adolescence 7-12 (other than foreign language),
- provisional secondary area 7-12 (other than foreign language).
3. Demonstrated proficiency in Spanish at the advanced level. An oral proficiency interview may be required of some applicants. If required, the applicant will be contacted by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures (585-395-2269) to schedule the interview.