Summer Graduate Internship Opportunities
Below are descriptions of the 8-week summer graduate opportunities offered at The College at Brockport. To apply for any of the position below, please send a resume, cover letter which includes a rank order of the three positions that interest you most and an explanation of why you chose that rank, and names, titles and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by January 4, 2013. Position offers will be made by January 25, 2013.
Together with First Year Experience, the Office of Health Promotion and Prevention Services is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development and facilitation of College Life Live, a series of skits used to introduce new students to college health topics, including high-risk drinking, sexual assault prevention, and mental health
- Developing and facilitating Late Night with Ellsworth (evening social programs) for each Summer Orientation Session
- Assisting with training and supervising Orientation Student Advisor staff
- Attending pre and post meetings for each Summer Orientation Session
- Assisting with development of Health Promotion and Prevention Services programming for the Fall 2013 semester, including outreach events, awareness weeks, and late-night programming
For more information about these offices, visit http://www.brockport.edu/hpps/ and http://www.brockport.edu/orientation/.
Together with the office of Student Retention, Campus Life is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Selecting and planning activities and events for Fall Welcome Week
- Attending regular planning meetings for Welcome Week
- Developing training programs for student staff including Welcome Week Assistants and Peer Mentors
- Developing an assessment plan to include learning outcomes, tool/instrument design, and plan for data analysis
- Supporting summer orientation programs
- Learning about and supporting the overall functions of Campus Life and Student Retention
For more information about Campus Life and Student Retention, visit http://www.brockport.edu/campuslife and http://www.brockport.edu/retention/.
The Office of Campus Life is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Assisting with the daily operation of the Seymour College Union including managing the facility during Summer Orientation
- Learning about and supporting plans for major fall events including Welcome Week, Homecoming, and Family Weekend
- Creating and managing summer programming in the Union
- Maintaining and updating social media marketing for the Union
- Participating in regular staff meetings, specifically discussing facility improvements, union operation/services, and programming
- Facilitating data analysis of student employee/volunteer assessments and suggesting improvements to the program
For more information about Campus Life, visit http://www.brockport.edu/campuslife.
The Office of Community Development is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Developing 3rd Annual Saturday of Service (providing first-year students with service activities during Welcome Weekend) including arranging service opportunities, reviewing logistic details and making suggestions for improvement
- Representing the department throughout the Summer Orientation program with a focus on promoting myBROCKPORT, off-campus student services, and Saturday of Service
- Developing online resources for student organization leaders and students interested in community service
For more information about the office, visit http://www.brockport.edu/community.
The Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Learning about Brockport’s office of Residential Life/Learning Communities and the current department initiatives, including education, assessment, and Living Learning Communities
- Developing lesson plans/guides for educational programs for various student populations and needs, including LLCs
- Creating usable materials/tools for RAs and RDs related to creating Community Standards and Community Accountability
- Developing and enhancing marketing efforts to students, faculty, staff and parents
- Assisting with departmental assessment initiatives including but not limited to student learning, satisfaction, customer service, conduct, LLCs, etc.
- Reviewing and developing self authorship initiatives to weave into the residential curriculum
- Reviewing applications, accepting, and placing students into the first-year LLCs
- Developing and enhancing upperclassmen LLCs, including planning student and staff requirements
For more information about the office, visit http://www.brockport.edu/reslife and http://www.brockport.edu/llc.
The Arthur O. Eve Opportunity for Higher Education Program Educational Opportunity Program is seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and planning of those activities associated with the Pre-Freshman Summer Program
- To assist the academic coordinator in the planning and training for the tutorial services and testing for the Pre-Freshman Summer Program
- To assist the EOP staff in the development and implementation of the student and parent orientation as part of the Pre-Freshman Summer Program
- To assist in the assessment process associated with the goals and learning outcomes EOP
- Working with the to facilitate the collection of data focusing on those students who are identified as attrites and EOP graduates
- To administer pre and post testing for the EOP Pre-Freshman Summer Program students on (profile) performance indicators
For more information about the Educational Opportunity Program, visit http://www.brockport.edu/eop/.
The Leadership Development Program is seeking a graduate intern who will be responsible for:
- Curriculum development and improvement for the program, based on the Social Change Model of Leadership, particularly with respect to enhancing inclusivity of varied populations
- Establishing an “Accelerated Track” of the Leadership Development Program designed for specifically for transfers and upper-class students
- Collaboration with faculty and staff to establish trainings, resources and support for those volunteering as mentors, advisors and workshop facilitators
- Development of promotional materials and representation of the program at Summer Orientation sessions
- Analysis of assessment data from the 2012-2013 academic year, with an emphasis on program improvement and recommendations
For more information about the Leadership Development Program, visit www.brockport.edu/leadership.
The Offices of International Student Services and International Education are seeking a graduate intern who will assist and be responsible for:
- Assisting with student recruitment efforts, including developing direct recruitment communication flow
- Coordination of international student orientation for new students and
- Assisting with student immigration advising
- Program development
- Data entry and database management
- Office management
This position is especially ideal for students interested in pursuing further professional opportunities in the field of immigration, international student advising, and international education. For more information about International Programs at Brockport, visit http://www.brockport.edu/international/.
Enrollment Management/Student Affairs interns should have an interest in the educational potential of the co-curricular experience, intentional programming, comprehensive approaches to education outside the classroom, and background knowledge or interest in assessment. Interns should exhibit a positive attitude, innovation, self motivation and eagerness to learn about current institutional and national trends and initiatives. Individuals with creativity and ability to work independently are highly encouraged to apply.
Questions about the program or any of the positions listed above can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.