The Brockport Oxford Scholars Program
To be designated as a Brockport Oxford Scholar, a student must successfully complete at least one term of study at the University of Oxford through the Brockport study abroad program.
Students in this program:
- Spend one semester at Oxford University, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities.
- Take fascinating courses in all areas that can apply to their major.
- Report that they have an unforgettable and life-changing experience.
- Qualify for additional financial aid to partially offset the higher costs of study abroad.
- May qualify for additional study abroad scholarships.
- Receive the designation “Brockport Oxford Scholar” on their permanent record.
At Oxford, students enroll in traditional one-on-one tutorials (15 credits total), whose subjects are determined by the student’s own interests, in consultation with his or her tutor and with Brockport’s Oxford Scholar Advisor. The Advisor works with Scholars to plan how their Oxford studies meet their major requirements at Brockport.
While in Oxford, students are housed with other British students in excellent accommodations and are supported by a full-time resident director, who organizes an orientation and a weekend London excursion.
- At least sophomore status
- Successful completion of ENG 303 Introduction to Literary Analysis
- English major with a GPA of at least 3.25 in the major
- Successful completion of the application process through the Office of International Education
For more information, contact the Brockport Oxford Scholar Advisor (Dr. J. Roger Kurtz) and the Office of International Education.
Last Updated 10/3/11