How to Apply for Graduate Study
International students have special graduate application requirements, including academic records, financial sponsorship documents (in English), and, in many cases, proof of English language proficiency. Advanced planning and consultation with The Graduate School will help international applicants complete the admission and student visa processes in a timely fashion.
Visit our application page for additional instructions. Please also review I-20 and General Visa Information.
Required Items for All International Applicants
Complete and submit the online application along with the non-refundable fee (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover only).
- Part II application materials, with the exception of academic transcripts, may be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Please include your full name in the subject line, as well as in the name of each document. (Example: John Doe Resume, John Doe Statement of Objectives).
Or, you may mail your Part II application materials to:
The College at Brockport
The Graduate School - Morgan Hall
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420
- Official or true certified copies of applicant’s post-secondary academic records (transcripts/mark sheets, examination scores, etc.) in both English and the original language.
- Official or true certified copies of your diploma, degree, or certification, in both English and the original language.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the IELTS.
- ESL Requirements: A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version, a minimum score of 213 on the computerized version or a minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL iBT version is required. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5. If the applicant is not able to provide test scores or does not meet the minimum score requirement, conditional admission may be offered based on the completion of an English language course through the College’s ELS Center.
- An original bank statement, in the name of applicant or applicant’s sponsor(s), issued in the last six months that shows a current balance of at least US $33,643.
- An original letter written, signed, and dated by applicant’s financial sponsor, stating the amount of US dollars that will annually be allotted to applicant’s education while attending The College at Brockport (this is not required if the financial/bank statement is under the applicant's name).
- The number of letters of recommendation required by the applicant’s intended degree program (please refer to application instructions for that specific number).
Last Updated 8/21/14