Non-matriculated students include those who do not wish to pursue a degree but want to enroll in graduate-level work OR who intend to apply to a graduate degree program, but have not yet completed the academic requirements for acceptance into the program. Students applying for admissions in non-matriculated status must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have fulfilled any prerequisites for graduate courses they want to take.
- Must complete and submit the online non-matriculated application with a non-refundable $25 application fee (MasterCard, Visa, Discover are accepted).
- Can only submit applications for the fall and spring semesters.*
- Must submit an official transcript documenting completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university. If a transcript is not available at the time of registration, applicants will have 30 days from the first day of classes to provide one.
- Once the application is processed, you will receive a welcome letter indicating that you have been accepted as a non-matriculated student.
- Are able to register for select graduate courses. Not all graduate courses are available to students in non-matriculated status.
- Should consult with the academic department before engaging in non-matriculated study if they plan to subsequently apply for admission to a graduate program as a matriculated student.
- Are not eligible to register for 700 or 800 level courses.
- A maximum of 12 graduate credits earned at The College at Brockport as a non-matriculated student may be applied to degree requirements upon matriculation with the department's approval.
- Remain active and are eligible to register for subsequent semesters unless there is a hold on their record that prevents them from doing so.
*Please Note: If you are interested in taking summer or winter courses, please visit the Office of Special Sessions and Programs website or call (585) 395-5720.
Last Updated 8/21/14