Department Of Environmental Science and Biology
The College at Brockport utilizes an online application for graduate admission. Please read the application instructions below
and use the checklist as a guide for submitting Part I and Part II application materials.
Degrees Offered:Master of Science (MS)
Jacques Rinchard, PhD
April 15 for the summer or fall semester
November 15 for the spring semester
Please note: Applications received after the published deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Part I: Complete and submit the online application along with a non refundable processing fee of $50 fee (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only) at www.brockport.edu/bounce/webapp.
Part II materials:We strongly suggest that you submit all items as quickly as possible to ensure timely review of your application.
- Please electronically submit the following documents:
- Statement of Objectives: In 1000 words or less, please describe your educational and career objectives and how graduate study in the Department of Environmental Science will help you meet these objectives. The essay will be used to evaluate your application and determine whether our program is appropriate to meet these objectives. We suggest you use Microsoft Word or similar software to create your Statement of Objectives and upload it on the Statement of Objectives page.
- Writing sample: At least three pages illustrating your scientific writing skills. We suggest you use Microsoft Word or similar software to create your writing sample and upload it on the Writing Sample page.
- Two Letters of Reference: (Please note: We do not accept placement or credential files.)
- Please request one official transcript from each and every college or university you have ever attended, even if you
did not earn a degree there, regardless of perceived relevance of the course work to your current career goals, or the length
of time that has passed since you attended. Transcripts must also be obtained from each and every college or university
ever attended regardless of whether or not credits earned were later transferred elsewhere. Please instruct each institution to send the
transcript directly to The Graduate School via postal mail or electronically via an e-script service such as Scrip Safe. (Please note: The College at Brockport graduates are not required to submit transcripts of their work at The College at
Brockport. In addition, if you were already admitted to The College at Brockport as a non-degree student, you do not
need to resubmit the transcript(s) you provided as part of that process.)
Mail your transcripts to:
The College at Brockport
The Graduate School - Morgan Hall
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420
Send e-script to:
For International applicants:
- Official or true certified copies of your diploma, degree, or certification, in both English and the original language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL; College code 2537) or the IELTS. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version, a minimum score of 213 on the computerized version or a
minimum score of 79-80 on the TOEFL iBT version is required. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5. If the applicant is not able to provide test scores or does not meet the minimum score requirement, conditional admission may be offered based on the completion of an English language course through the College’s ELS office.
- An original bank statement in the student's name or that of the student's sponsor showing a current balance of at least the total cost of attendance. If the student has a sponsor, a letter, signed and dated by the sponsor, is required. It must include the amount (in US dollars) that will be put toward the student's educational expenses. Photocopies will not be accepted.