department of health science
The College at Brockport utilizes an online application for graduate admission. Please read the application instructions below
and use the checklist as a guide for submitting Part I and Part II application materials.
Degrees Offered:Master of Science in Education (MSEd)
Health Education (Initial K-12), MSEd
Health Education (Professional K-12), MSEd
Dr. Patti Follansbee
March1 for summer or fall admission
October 1 for spring admission
Please note: Applications received after the published deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Part I: Complete and submit the online application along with a non refundable processing fee (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only) at www.brockport.edu/bounce/webapp.
Part II materials:We strongly suggest that you submit all items as quickly as possible to ensure timely review of your application.
- Please electronically submit the following documents:
- Statement of Objectives: In a well-developed essay of 250 to 750 words, please submit a statement of your objectives for undertaking graduate study. Discuss your relevant educational and occupational history, including certifications currently held with respect to the focus and goals of graduate studies. (e.g., health area of interest, intended occupational position or setting, initial, professional, or dual certification, etc.)We suggest you use Microsoft Word or similar software to create your Statement of Objectives and upload it on the Statement of Objectives page.
- Please request one official transcript from each and every college or university you have ever attended, even if you
did not earn a degree there, regardless of perceived relevance of the course work to your current career goals, or the length
of time that has passed since you attended. Transcripts must also be obtained from each and every college or university
ever attended regardless of whether or not credits earned were later transferred elsewhere. Please instruct each institution to send the
transcript directly to The Graduate School via postal mail or electronically via an e-script service such as Scrip Safe. (Please note: The College at Brockport graduates are not required to submit transcripts of their work at The College at
Brockport. In addition, if you were already admitted to The College at Brockport as a non-degree student, you do not
need to resubmit the transcript(s) you provided as part of that process.)
Mail your transcripts to:
The College at Brockport
The Graduate School - Morgan Hall
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420
Send e-script to:
For International applicants:
- Official or true certified copies of your diploma, degree, or certification, in both English and the original language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL; College code 2537) or the IELTS. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version, a minimum score of 213 on the computerized version or a
minimum score of 79-80 on the TOEFL iBT version is required. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5. If the applicant is not able to provide test scores or does not meet the minimum score requirement, conditional admission may be offered based on the completion of an English language course through the College’s ELS office.
- An original bank statement in the student's name or that of the student's sponsor showing a current balance of at least the total cost of attendance. If the student has a sponsor, a letter, signed and dated by the sponsor, is required. It must include the amount (in US dollars) that will be put toward the student's educational expenses. Photocopies will not be accepted.