Department of kinesiology, sport studies, physical educaiton
The College at Brockport utilizes an online application for graduate admission. Please read the application instructions below
and use the checklist as a guide for submitting Part I and Part II application materials.
Master of Science in Education (MSEd)
Adapted Physical Education (K-12), MSEd
Athletic Administration, MSEd
Teacher Education/Pedagogy (K-12), MSEd
Adapted Physical Education, Advanced Certificate
Dr. Cathy Houston-Wilson
MSEd programs - April 15 for summer or fall admission
MSEd programs - November 15 for spring admission
Advanced Certificate - April 15 (fall admission only)
Please note: Applications received after the published deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Part I: Complete and submit the online application along with a non refundable processing fee of $50 fee (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only) at www.brockport.edu/bounce/webapp.
Part II materials:We strongly suggest that you submit all items as quickly as possible to ensure timely review of your application.
- Please electronically submit the following documents:
- Statement of Objectives: In a well-developed essay of 800 to 1000 words, please submit a statement of your objectives for undertaking graduate study and of your plans for a professional or scholarly career. Comment on your past work and experiences as they relate to this field of study. We suggest you use Microsoft Word or similar software to create your Statement of Objectives and upload it on the Statement of Objectives page.
- Employment History/Resume: We suggest you use Microsoft Word or similar software to create your resume and upload it on the Resume page.
- Please request one official transcript from each and every college or university you have ever attended, even if you
did not earn a degree there, regardless of perceived relevance of the course work to your current career goals, or the length
of time that has passed since you attended. Transcripts must also be obtained from each and every college or university
ever attended regardless of whether or not credits earned were later transferred elsewhere. Please instruct each institution to send the
transcript directly to The Graduate School via postal mail or electronically via an e-script service such as Scrip Safe. (Please note: The College at Brockport graduates are not required to submit transcripts of their work at The College at
Brockport. In addition, if you were already admitted to The College at Brockport as a non-degree student, you do not
need to resubmit the transcript(s) you provided as part of that process.)
Mail your transcripts to:
The College at Brockport
The Graduate School - Morgan Hall
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420
Send e-script to:
- Copy of your initial teaching Certification in Physical Education or a letter from your college certification officer or BOCES Regional Certification Officer attesting to your eligibility for the initial certificate (not required if applying for the Athletic Administration program).
For International applicants:
- Official or true certified copies of your diploma, degree, or certification, in both English and the original language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL; College code 2537) or the IELTS. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version, a minimum score of 213 on the computerized version or a
minimum score of 79-80 on the TOEFL iBT version is required. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5. If the applicant is not able to provide test scores or does not meet the minimum score requirement, conditional admission may be offered based on the completion of an English language course through the College’s ELS office.
- An original bank statement in the student's name or that of the student's sponsor showing a current balance of at least the total cost of attendance. If the student has a sponsor, a letter, signed and dated by the sponsor, is required. It must include the amount (in US dollars) that will be put toward the student's educational expenses. Photocopies will not be accepted.