The Master of Arts in English equips students with analytical skills and prepares them for further study at the doctoral or Master of Fine Arts level and/or for professional advancement. There are three options:
Master of Arts in English, Literature Concentration
Master of Arts in English, Creative Writing Concentration
Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing
- Most courses are offered in the evening.
- Students complete either degree option in a 36-credit program.
- The 15-credit certificate in creative writing is open to both matriculated and non-matriculated students, but all students must be formally admitted.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of objectives
- Writing sample
- April 15 for the summer or fall semester
- November 15 for the spring semester
Graduates also advance professionally in a broad range of professions including:
- Teaching at all educational levels from elementary school to college
- Academic administration
- Sales and management
- Library and Information Technology Services
- Technical writing
For complete information about the Graduate Programs in English visit
Last Updated 8/21/14