As a leader in health education in Western New York, The College at Brockport’s Health Science program is committed to a goal of health promotion and disease prevention. The Department of Health Science is taking an active role in training the leaders of tomorrow to address the increasingly complex needs. Completion of the Health Science master’s degree program offers opportunities for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential, and meets the New York State Department of Education requirements for:
- Alternative MSEd Initial Certification in Health K-12 for those without any teacher certification
- Initial Health Certification for those who already possess an Initial Certification in another teaching area and wish to add Health as a second area
- Professional Certification for those who already have Initial Certification in Health
- Health Education (K-12), Master of Science in Education, provides professional preparation for the field of health education focusing on skills for the education and promotion of health and strategies for enhancing and encouraging change toward positive health behaviors.
- The Department of Health Science master's degree offers opportunities for advanced study related to the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs in multiple community settings, including public health departments; voluntary health associations; medical and mental health care agencies and organizations; work site settings; and various health advocacy organizations.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of a grade of C or better in two semesters of Anatomy and Physiology (or equivalent) and one semester of Statistics (or equivalent) taken at the undergraduate level
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Statement of objectives
- March 1 for the summer or fall semester
- October 1 for the spring semester
- Teaching health education
For complete information about the Master of Science in Education in Health Science visit
Last Updated 8/21/14