As a leader in health education in Western New York, The College at Brockport’s Health Science program is committed to a goal of health promotion and disease prevention. The Department of Health Science is taking an active role in training the leaders of tomorrow to address the increasingly complex needs. Completion of the Health Science master’s degree program meets the New York State Department of Education requirements for:
- Alternative MSEd Initial Certification in Health K-12 for those without any teacher certification
- Initial Health Certification for those who already possess an Initial Certification in another teaching area and wish to add Health as a second area
- Professional Certification for those who already have Initial Certification in Health
- The Department of Health Science master's degree offers opportunities for advanced study related to the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs in multiple community settings, including public health departments; voluntary health associations; medical and mental health care agencies and organizations; work site settings; and various health advocacy organizations.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of a grade of C or better in two semesters of Anatomy and Physiology (or equivalent) and one semester of Statistics (or equivalent) taken at the undergraduate level
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Names and contact information for three academic references
- Statement of objectives
- SUNY has adopted a new admission requirement for teacher preparation programs effective fall 2015. Anyone applying to the fall 2015 semester and beyond must take and submit scores for either the GRE or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) to be considered for admission. Please contact Michael Harrison at: email@example.com with any questions or to discuss your options.
- March 1 for the summer or fall semester
- October 1 for the spring semester
- Teaching health education
For complete information about the Master of Science in Education in Health Science visit
Last Updated 2/20/15