How to Apply For Graduate Admissions as an International Applicant
International students have special requirements for graduate admission, such as translated academic records, degree certificates and financial sponsorship documents. Advanced planning is critical to submitted and completing the admissions process and eventually obtaining a student visa. The Office of Graduate Studies is ready to assist you throughout this process. In our effort to provide greater ease and convenience to prospective applicants, all applications for admission are submitted using an online format. Application information and instructions can be found at www.brockport.edu/graduate/applynow.
The following items are required of all international applicants. Please note that additional requirements vary by program.
- A completed application form with a US $50 or US$80 non-refundable application fee either in the form of an international bank draft or money order drawn on a US bank, payable to The College at Brockport. Application form and required documents must be mailed to:
The College at Brockport
State University of New York
Office of Graduate Admissions
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, New York 14420
- Official or true certified copies of your post-secondary academic records (transcripts, examination scores, mark sheets, etc.) in both English and the original language.
- Official or true certified copies of your diploma, degree, or certification, in both English and the original language.
- In order to establish English proficiency, please submit the results of your TOEFL exam. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version, a minimum score of 213 on the computerized version or a minimum score of 79-80 on the TOEFL iBT is required for admission.
- A statement of objectives in English that addresses reasons for selecting the field of study. The application form will outline additional criteria for the statement of objectives.
- An original bank statement in your name or that of your sponsor showing a current balance of at least US $26,896. The bank statement must be issued in the last six months.
- An original letter written, signed and dated by your sponsor, stating the amount of US dollars that will be put toward your education each year while attending The College at Brockport. This is not required if the financial/bank statement is under the applicant's name.
- The number of required letters of recommendation varies by program. Please refer to the front of your application form for the specific number required.
Last Updated 4/1/12