Steps in the Application Process
The Greater Rochester Collaborative Master of Social Work Program has a self-managed application process. Applicants are asked to:
1. Complete the Part I Online Portion of the Application
The application fee is $50 payable by credit card after you submit your online application.
- In addition to the online application and fee, you must submit an application packet including three letters of professional or academic recommendation with completed letter of recommendation forms and all official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended.
2. Select Your Recommenders
Three letters of recommendation are required. Select persons who are best able to assess your potential for graduate-level academic work and for the profession of social work. You may use faculty advisors, classroom instructors, current or past employers, supervisors, or professional colleagues. Do not use personal friends or relatives.
Provide each of your references with a Letter of Recommendation Form which is available online through links on the online application. The letter of recommendation will be treated as confidential. However, you have the right to sign or not sign the waiver of right of access. Request that each of your recommenders write the letter on official letterhead (or provide a return address if letterhead is unavailable), attach it to the form, and return it to you in an envelope with signature across the seal.
Note: Faxed or emailed letters of reference will not be accepted. The Program DOES NOT accept credentialing files from placement offices or other colleges.
3. Write Your Personal Statement and Social Issue
4. Send for Official Academic Transcripts
You should request official academic transcripts from all educational institutions that you have attended at the undergraduate and graduate levels, except from The College at Brockport or Nazareth College. When requesting transcripts from previous schools, please make sure to indicate that you need an official transcript. It is best to collect the transcripts yourself and send the sealed envelopes to us in your application packet.
If you are still attending college, your current transcripts should be requested for review. After admission, you will need to provide a final official transcript from your undergrad institution prior to the end of your first semester. It is recommended that students currently completing BSW programs who are applying for full-time and part-time advanced standing submit unofficial transcripts. Upon acceptance an official degree confirmed transcript will be required.
5. Pay the Application Fee and Submit Part II
The online application fee is $50, payable online by credit card after you submit the application
Note: Applications cannot be processed without receipt of the fee.
Collect All Your Part II Supplemental Documents and Send One Complete Application Packet including:
- All official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended.
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation along with the required recommendation forms
- Professional resume
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Graduate Studies, Morgan Hall
Brockport, NY 14420
Completed applications must be postmarked by the application deadline.
- Full-Time and Part-time Advanced Standing begins in Summer - Application deadline Jan. 15
- Full and Part Time 60 Credit begins in Fall - Application deadline March 15
International applicants whose first language is not English must submit a TOEFL. Please contact The College at Brockport Graduate Studies for required test scores at 585.395.2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MSW applicants: No standardized or GRE tests are required