DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES
- Contact your professors about your absence. (Instructions for each professor are in the course syllabus)
Contact the Health Center to speak to a nurse--it is not necessary to come in for a "note."
- "Self-isolate" - Limit interactions with other people, until 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- If possible, return home to avoid flu transmission to others.
Residence Hall Students:
- Contact your RA or RD about meal slips.
All Students with roommates should avoid close contact with others. Try to maintain a space of 6 feet between you and your roommates. When this is not possible, wear a surgical mask during the period of contact. You can get the mask at the Health Center. If a roommate has a medical condition that might put them at high-risk for flu complications, such as diabetes, kidney disease, immune disorder, cancer, or asthma they should call the Health Center at 395-2414 to speak with a nurse.
- Students in a private room should remain in their room and receive care and meals from a single person if possible.
Flu Spreads with close contact!
- COVER your cough! Cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow
- Discard used tissues in the trash
- Wash your hands frequently
- Clean common surfaces like doorknobs, faucets and light switches with your regular cleaning solution
- Kissing, sharing of eating/drinking utensils, or close contact with others might result in their exposure to your respiratory droplets.
Seek emergency medical care immediately if you or your roommate/friend has:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Fever and shaking chills
- Bluish or gray skin color
- Not urinating or very dark urine
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Difficulty waking up
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Flu-like symptoms improve, but then return with fever and worse cough
Last Updated 7/21/14
It's FLU SHOT Season!
Students.... get your FREE
flu shot at the STUDENT
HEALTH CENTER by
for an appointment.
Stay healthy this winter:
eat balanced meals
get adequate sleep
practice good hand washing
manage stress levels
We are here for you if you need us!
Your Health Center Staff