Homecoming theme: I ♥ NY
Each year, various clubs, organizations, student groups and other departments show their Brockport pride by celebrating the Homecoming theme. This year, we will celebrate New York, with our theme showcasing the regions, food, sport teams and history of New York State.
All parade participants must adhere to standard policies and procedures. The following policies must be adhered to by all participants:
Parade Day Participation Policies:
- Entries must fit the theme: I ♥ NY
- Designs are approved on a rolling basis by the Homecoming Committee, and groups will be notified if their entry has been accepted. The Committee reserves the right to deny or modify any design as appropriate. The parade order will be determined at random and sent to the participants in advance of the parade.
- Registration forms are due by noon on Monday, September 16, to Student Union and Activities (Seymour 203).
All parade day participants must have at least one banner visibly displayed, identifying your group and the theme of your entry.
- Entries are judged on best use of theme, participation, and creativity/design. Award categories are as follows: Best Use of Theme, Best Use of Design/Creativity, Best Audience Interaction, Most Spirited Participant and Best Overall Float.
Participants must adhere to The College at Brockport policies at all times, including ABSOLUTELY NO
alcohol to be present, consumed or represented on any float or unit in the parade or at the festival.
- Participants may choose to build a float, march, dance or carry a banner in the parade, as long as they are representing the Homecoming theme and are able to move continuously.
Line Up: All approved floats should report to parking lots D and D-1 between 3 and 3:30 pm on Saturday, September 28, 2013.
Route: East on Holley Street, continue onto Monroe Avenue, south on Utica Street (to pass Hartwell Hall and the Alumni House — location of judges station). Then, turn right onto Residence Drive. Parade to end at intersection of Residence Drive and Kenyon Street.
Need more information? Contact us:
Student Union and Activities (585) 395-5646
Alumni Relations (585) 395-2451
Last Updated 9/26/13