The Office of Alumni Relations is excited to welcome all of you back for Reunion 2014, May 30 – June 1, and the weekend's reunion activities. Below are details regarding the reunion program called the Ellsworth Excursion.
Congratulations on your upcoming milestone reunion from The College at Brockport! Your class will be honored at Homecoming Weekend 2014. The reason you received this package is because you have been chosen by a classmate to participate in the Ellsworth Excursion! Alumni are sending Golden Eagles around the world to see whose class can win the Ellsworth Excursion challenge. Prizes will be awarded for most miles logged, most classmate visits, most creative photo, and most unique destination. Join in the fun today!
Directions: Check in Your Ellsworth
- Unpack your Ellsworth from the mailing box and read through all directions.
- Take a photo of your Ellsworth somewhere around town and/or at a special location – it might be a picture of you with the Eagle, or just the bird at a particular spot or familiar landmark. Remember, creativity counts!
- Go to www.ellsworthexcursion.tumblr.com, the official website of the Ellsworth Excursion, where you can track your class's progress, as well as all the other Ellsworth Excursion adventures.
- Click the "Submit Excursion Photo" button in the right-hand toolbar.
- Click "Submit a Text Post" and select "Submit a Photo."
- Upload your photo. Please make sure to include a caption.
- Accept the Terms of Submission.
- Select your tags. All submissions should select "Brockport." Your excursion tag varies depending on your class year. Tags are as follows:
50th reunion: "Excursion 1964"
45th reunion: "Excursion 1969"
40th reunion: "Excursion 1974"
25th reunion: "Excursion 1989"
10th reunion: "Excursion 2004"
- Send your Golden Eagle on to a classmate for the next wing of the challenge adventure. PLEASE keep Eagles within their specific class. For assistance in finding a classmate's contact information, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 395-2068.
- Visit www.ellsworthexcursion.tumblr.com throughout the Ellsworth Excursion to follow where all the Golden Eagles have traveled.
Additional Check-in Information
- If you'd rather, you can check in your Golden Eagle by emailing the photo and information to email@example.com. Or you can send it via mail to: The College at Brockport, Office of Alumni Relations, 350 New Campus Drive, Brockport, NY 14420.
- All Golden Eagles must be home to roost by May 24, 2014, to: The College at Brockport, Office of Alumni Relations, 350 New Campus Drive, Brockport, NY 14420
Directions: Send Ellsworth off to Another Classmate
Please DO NOT add anything to this package or it will change the weight and affect shipping costs!
- As you pack your Golden Eagle for travel, make sure that the package contains Ellsworth and the laminated instruction sheet.
- If you need to replace the Golden Eagle mailing "cage," new boxes are available at the post office.
If you mail your Golden Eagle directly from the post office:
- Bring your packed Ellsworth to your local post office.
- Write your classmate's name and address on a shipping label, and purchase priority postage.
- Bid farewell and mail him off!
If you print a shipping label online:
- Go to cns.usps.com/go and click on "Print a Shipping Label Now."
- Sign in if you are an existing user or create a new account in order to print a label.
- Follow instructions to Click and Ship.
- Place your printed label on the box.
- Drop the package off at your local post office or have it picked up by your home mail carrier.
Thank you for participating!
Last Updated 10/9/13