Skip Navigation

Brockport / International Students / I-20

Receiving Your I-20

globe travel docs

In order to secure a F-1 visa, you will need an I-20 form from the State University of New York - Brockport. In order to receive your I-20 form, you must submit the following items to the Office of International Student Services:


  • Completed Form I-20 application.  Download the application here.
  • If you are currently attending a school in the U.S. you will need to complete and return the I-20 Transfer Form.
  • An affidavit or bank letterhead, in your name or that of your sponsor, with a date, signature and seal of a bank official showing a current balance of at least US $31,041 for Undergraduate and $33,643 for Graduate
  • . Information on Tuition & Costs can be found here.


  • Proof of financial support from your Sponsor  (any of the following)
  • employer’s salary statement on letterhead stationery with most recent pay stub, or
  • If self-employed, salary estimate from accountant or attorney with most recent pay stub, or
  • Income tax returns or receipts with most recent pay stub, or
  • Pay stubs for last six months, or
  • Bank/investment statements for the last six months


  • An original letter written, signed and dated by your sponsor, stating he or she will be responsible for your expenses while attending the State University of New York - Brockport. The exact amount of the funding being sponsored must be listed. If the original bank statement listed above is in your name, you do not need to provide this letter.


Once that information has been received and verified, an I-20 form will be mailed to you, allowing you to secure a F-1 visa for your studies. For more about visas and immigration information, please click here.

Last Updated 3/28/14