Skip Navigation

Brockport / International / Student Services / Support

Student Support

Maintaining Student Status

Full-Time Status

After your first semester, you will be able to register for classes yourself with the help of your academic advisor. The most important thing to remember is that you must maintain your full-time student status, which means that you have to have a minimum of 12 credits each semester as undergraduate 9 credits for graduate students.

Minimum of 2.0 GPA

As well as the full-time student status, you also have to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher of 4.0 each semester.

Minimum GPA of 2.0

Academic Support Services

At SUNY- Brockport, there are a variety of academic services which are available to help you succeed such as Academic Advisement, Student Learning Center, Educational Opportunity Program and more. Visit Academic Support Services to learn more.

 A student gets help at our learning center

International Student Services

The Office of International Education is in charge of all the international procedures. We have international student advisors who can help advise you on academic resources, on-campus employment procedures, post-graduate employment procedures and more.


Employment Options

Students with an F-1 visa are allowed to hold a part-time job on campus, and there are several places available for you to work.

Get Hired on Campus

You will need to be hired by the employer on campus first to get a Social Security number. Your employer will give you proof that you are hired, which you will need to receive a Social Security number. A Social Security number is a 9-digit number issued to anyone who works in the U.S.

sample social security card

Health Care Services

The College at Brockport’s   Student Health Center  provides medical care and educational programming to all registered students of The College at Brockport. Visits are free for students who have paid the mandatory student health fee (which is separate from insurance). The center is regularly staffed by registered nurses and nurse practitioners, and their medical services include:

  • Physicals
  • Immunizations
  • treatment of illnesses and infections
  • Over-the-counter remedies and more.

The Student Health Center is open 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays during the academic year (Summer hours vary). Appointments are strongly encouraged, but walk-in appointments are available between 8 a.m. to 11a.m. Check details at Hours of Operation .

Counseling Services

At SUNY- Brockport, there are a variety of counseling services available along with different types of counseling (individual, group, and couples counseling) at the counseling center located in the Hazen Health Center.


Last Updated 8/12/14