Skip Navigation

Brockport / International Students / TravelingAbroad

Traveling outside of the U.S.


If you plan to travel outside of the United States (even just to Canada) during your time at The College at Brockport, you must ensure that your passport and visa are valid and up to date. If they are not, you risk not being able to re-enter the United States.

Regardless of your destination, if you plan to travel outside of the U.S., you will need the following:

  • A valid passport ;
  • A valid visa (unless you are traveling to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean Islands and plan to return within 30 days of leaving; or if you are a Canadian citizen); and
  • A valid I-20 form (with a recent signature of a designated school official).


Consult the Office of International Student Services prior to travel to ensure you have the proper documentation and permissions.

Last Updated 6/7/11