Institutional Review Board
To be in compliance with federal regulations all persons (faculty, staff, students) submitting a proposal to the Institutional Review Board must complete a three-hour, online, modular training course on the protection of human subjects in research.
- Go to web site - http://www.citiprogram.org
You donít have to register in advance and can immediately access the course 24 hours a day.
- When registering at the CITI homepage there are directions on how to enroll in courses on the right hand side of the page. OR you can immediately to to the "create an account" section. The first question requests organizational affiliation. Enter SUNY-College at Brockport.
- Decide which user group you belong to based upon the following information:
- Group 1 Ė undergraduate students completing a class project need to complete only modules 1-5 in the social and behavioral tract.
- Group 2 Ė everyone else (faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students completing theses or independent studies) must complete modules 1-6 in the social and behavioral tract and also the following modules if applicable to your research (#7 research with prisoners, #8 research with children, #9 research in public elementary and secondary schools, #10 international research or #11 Internet research).
You must take the brief quizzes at the end of each module and get a score of 75% on the collective modules to pass. If you donít pass the first time you can take the quiz after the module over again.
Each module can be printed out if you desire.
- After you have completed the requirements above (depending on if you register in Group 1 or 2) you can print out a course transcript. This will be emailed to you and to the IRB Administrator who will keep a record of your participation on file.
We will not be sending you a separate certificate of completion. Your course transcript is your record of completion and will be available for you to access online for two years.
- Questions can be addressed to the IRB Administrator at email@example.com or 585-395-2523.
Questions? Please call Kim Remley at (585) 395-2523 or firstname.lastname@example.org