The College at Brockport
Interfaith Campus Ministries
The College at Brockport seeks to educate the whole person by advancing the values
of integrity, justice, civility and respect in a safe environment.
The College at Brockport Interfaith Campus Ministries seeks to acknowledge the important
role that religion and spiritual values play in people's lives as they grow
and integrate what they learn.
In keeping with Council for Advancement of Standards in Higher Education
(CAS) Standards and Guidelines, The College at Brockport, as a public institution,
offers and provides access to programs that enable interested students
to pursue full spiritual growth and development; and, it fosters a campus
atmosphere in which interested members of the College community may
freely express their religion and faith.
Interfaith Campus Ministry, at its heart, is a pastoral and prophetic
presence which seeks to enhance the spiritual and ethical experience
and growth of the whole person - mind, body and spirit. There
are many faith communities willing and committed to offer this presence
in the The College at Brockport community.
Therefore, The College at Brockport and leaders of participating faith communities
established the Interfaith Campus Ministries of The College at Brockport as common
ground through which they will cooperate and collaborate to
- Enhance the religious and spiritual life at the College.
- Provide opportunities and welcoming space for worship, community and
hospitality for all members of the College community.
- Raise ethical and moral issues within the College.
- Serve as a reconciling agency within the College.
- Serve as an advocate and support for individuals within the community.
- Provide a structure for facilitating communication, understanding
and respect among various College departments and the religious groups
represented on campus.
- Work toward providing a center for ministries.
- Connect the College with, and encourage outreach to, the larger community.
- Meet regularly with representatives of all undersigned religious
groups and an official College at Brockport designee to cooperate with each
other and pursue the above.