"The Space" for Advisors
According to our Student Organization Registration Policy (Section VII), the role of the advisor includes:
- Registered student organizations must have a faculty or staff advisor and are strongly encouraged to take full advantage of the valuable role an advisor serves. The general purpose of an organization advisor is to provide insight and guidance that assists a student organization in furthering its purpose and enhancing the meaningfulness of organization membership.
- As a general rule, the advisor should counsel the organization in the exercise of responsibility, be familiar with the organization’s programs and be familiar with College policies and procedures. Advisors do not have authority to control the policies of an organization.
- Specific written recommended duties or expectations of an advisor shall be mutually agreed upon by the advisor and the student organization.
Resources available to student organization advisors:
- All advisors are invited to join our online community on myBROCKPORT called "The Space" for Advisors. This will be a great space for advisors to communicate with each other, share ideas, ask questions, RSVP for upcoming events and find resources. https://brockport.collegiatelink.net/organization/thespaceadvisors
- Every second Tuesday of the month and fourth Wednesday of the month Club/Organization Advisors can join other advisors as they share ideas, experiences, and advice to better help their organizations. Creating an environment of shared knowledge, collaboration opportunities, and what their role is.
- Send us your ideas on workshops and resources we can provide for you.
- Stop by The Space (B105 Union) to ask questions, utilize resources, or check in with our office.