Annual Leadership Award Opportunities
Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award
The deadline to apply for the Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award is Monday, February 16 at 11:59pm.
The Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award is the pinnacle of student leadership awards at The College at Brockport. Each year, the selection committee seeks applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student with a minimum of 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- 54 completed credit hours at the end of the Fall semester
- Record of exemplary leadership, scholastic achievement and a commitment to the college through leadership in an organization and/or campus employment
- The student is currently serving in a position(s) of leadership in a College at Brockport recognized club, organization or on a campus-wide committee. In the position/ s the student:
- Has excelled in the normal responsibilities as defined for the position(s) held or has shown extraordinary leadership beyond the normal responsibilities defined for the positions held.
- Has been a leader of students involved in campus-related services or other activities (other than those listed above), which have been of significant benefit to the College and/or Brockport community.
To apply for the Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award, applicants will need to submit the following:
- Current copy of resume or myCCT, highlighting involvement while at Brockport
- Two-Page Essay explaining how you have demonstrated exemplary leadership characteristics and a commitment to the college throughout your time as a Brockport student. Please include how you have grown in your understanding of leadership during your time at Brockport.
- 2-3 Letters of recommendation
Complete the application form and upload your documents using the following link: https://my.brockport.edu/form/start/60160
Contact Kim Piatt with questions via phone, 585.395.2987 or email, email@example.com.
Who's Who among Students in American Colleges and Universities
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline to apply for the Who's Who among Students recognition is Sunday, February 22 at 11:59pm.
The minimum qualifications that a student must possess to be considered for this recognition are:
- Undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 54 credits (or 48 credits in Delta College) and be currently enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours
- Graduate students must have completed a minimum of 18 credit hours and be currently enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.75 for undergraduate students and 3.5 for graduate students as of January.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus or community activities while attending The College at Brockport
- Students must have been enrolled at The College at Brockport for a minimum of two full semesters prior to the semester of application
To apply for the Who's Who recognition, candidates will need to submit a pdf version of their Co-Curricular Transcript. For more information about creating and editing your Co-Curricular Transcript, click here. Resume is optional.
To submit your application for Who's Who among Students, click here.
SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence
The SUNY Chancellor's Award is selected each year in January.
The Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence acknowledges students who have achieved excellence. We seek nominations of students who have best demonstrated and been recognized for their integration of academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include: leadership, community service, arts (creative or performing), athletics, and/or career achievement. It is the highest honor bestowed upon a student by the University.
Josh Silber '93 Excellence in Leadership Award
The deadline to apply for this award is March 15.
This $1000 award is given to one student who demonstrates leadership skills through service to the College and/or community. Examples may include but are not limited to: service in a position of leadership with Brockport Student Government (BSG) or other student clubs or organizations; being a successful and respected Resident Assistant (RA); organizing and leading a group of peers or others in a successful fund raising or community service activity.
To be considered for the Josh Silber '93 Excellence in Leadership Award, applicants must:
Be a junior or senior at The College at Brockport at the time the award is presented.
Demonstrate academic achievement with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better.
Present documentation listing extracurricular activities, including community service activities, the applicant has been a part of during his/her college career. Indicate appointed or elected leadership positions as appropriate.
Write a 500-word essay responding to the following question:
Essay Topic: How have your academic studies, leadership experience and extracurricular activities contributed to your personal development and future plans?
Include two letters of recommendation from individuals other than relatives
To apply for this award, visit the Online Scholarship Portal.