Annual Leadership Award Opportunities
Who's Who among Students in American Colleges and Universities
The Who's Who Award is selected each year in the Fall semester, with recipients being honored at the Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony..
The minimum qualifications that a student must possess to be considered for this recognition are:
- Undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 54 credits (or 48 credits in Delta College) and be currently enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours
- Graduate students must have completed a minimum of 18 credit hours and be currently enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.75 for undergraduate students and 3.5 for graduate students as of August.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus or community activities while attending The College at Brockport
- Students must have been enrolled at The College at Brockport for a minimum of two full semesters prior to the semester of application
SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence
The Chancellor's Award is selected each year in January.
The Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence acknowledges students who have achieved excellence. We seek nominations of students who have best demonstrated and been recognized for their integration of academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include: leadership, community service, arts (creative or performing), athletics, and/or career achievement. It is the highest honor bestowed upon a student by the University.
In order to be eligible, a student (both undergraduate and graduate) must graduate between June 2013 and May 2014.
Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award
The Marion Scrhank Award is selected each year in February.
The Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award is the pinnacle of student leadership awards at The College at Brockport. Each year, the selection committee seeks applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student with a minimum of 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- 54 completed credit hours at the end of the Fall semester
- Record of exemplary leadership, scholastic achievement and a commitment to the college through leadership in an organization and/or campus employment
- The student is currently serving in an elected or appointed position (s) of leadership in a College at BROCKPORT recognized club, organization or on a campus-wide committee. In the position/ s the student:
- Has excelled in the normal responsibilities as defined for the position(s) held or has shown extraordinary leadership beyond the normal responsibilities defined for the positions held.
- Has been a leader of students involved in campus-related services or other activities (other than those listed above), which have been of significant benefit to the College and/or Brockport community.
If there are any questions, feel free to contact JoLynne Corsi by phone at (585)395-5974 or e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Silber '93 Excellence in Leadership Award
The deadline to apply for this award is March 15.
This $1000 award is given to one student who demonstrates leadership skills through service to the College and/or community. Examples may include but are not limited to: service in a position of leadership with Brockport Student Government (BSG) or other student clubs or organizations; being a successful and respected Resident Assistant (RA); organizing and leading a group of peers or others in a successful fund raising or community service activity.
To be considered for the Josh Silber '93 Excellence in Leadership Award, applicants must:
Be a junior or senior at The College at Brockport at the time the award is presented.
Demonstrate academic achievement with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better.
Present documentation listing extracurricular activities, including community service activities, the applicant has been a part of during his/her college career. Indicate appointed or elected leadership positions as appropriate.
Write a 500-word essay responding to the following question:
Essay Topic: How have your academic studies, leadership experience and extracurricular activities contributed to your personal development and future plans?
Include two letters of recommendation from individuals other than relatives
To apply for this award, visit the Online Scholarship Portal.