Once a student has completed the Green Leadership Certificate, he or she can register for the Gold Certificate. The Gold Leadership Certificate focuses on the second 3 C’s of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development: Collaboration, Common Purpose and Controversy with Civility. This stage of leadership development focuses on group values, building off of the Green Leadership Certificate’s focus on individual values.
As a result of this program, students will be able to:
Identify the role they play within a group. (Collaboration)
Describe the group's common purpose, including aims, values and vision (Common Purpose)
Discuss their views and values with contrasting others in a civil manner that develops positive relationships. (Controversy with Civility)
Overview of Gold Leadership Certificate Program Requirements:
- Attend the Annual Kick Off event
- Take the Strengthsquest Assessment
- Attend 3 seminars focused on Collaboration Common Purpose and Controversy with Civility
- With group members, volunteer with a local organization or agency at least once during the fall semester
- With group members, meet regularly with advisor
- Attend the Annual Student Leadership Conference
- Implement a Social Action Project to benefit the community with assigned group
- Present your group's Social Action Project to the Brockport community at Scholars Day
Check out previous Social Action Projects!