Once a student has completed the Green Leadership Certificate, he or she can register for the Gold Certificate. The Gold Leadership Certificate focuses on the second 3 C’s of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development: Collaboration, Common Purpose and Controversy with Civility. This stage of leadership development focuses on group values, building off of the Green Leadership Certificate’s focus on individual values.
As a result of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify the role they play within a group. (Collaboration)
- Describe the group's common purpose, including aims, values and vision (Common Purpose)
- Discuss their views and values with contrasting others in a civil manner that develops positive relationships. (Controversy with Civility)
Overview of Gold Leadership Certificate Program Requirements:
- Attend the Annual Kick Off event on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 3:30pm in College Union Ballroom
- Take the Strengthsquest Assessment
- Attend 3 seminars focused on Collaboration Common Purpose and Controversy with Civility
- Common Purpose (Select One):
- Saturday, September 28th, 10am – 12pm, Union 119
- Monday, September 30th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Union 119
- Collaboration (Select One):
- Saturday, October 19th, 10am – 12pm, Union B116
- Monday, October 21st, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Union B116
- Controversy with Civility (Select One):
- Monday, November 18th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Location TBD
- Saturday, November 23rd, 10am – 12pm, Location TBD
- Attend the Annual Student Leadership Conference hosted at Brockport on February 16th - click here for more information
- Implement a Social Action Project to benefit the community with assigned group
- Present your group's Social Action Project to the Brockport community at Scholars Day
Registration for the Gold Certificate is now closed. If you are interested in signing up, you will need to contact the Leadership Development Program at email@example.com.
Check out last year's Social Action Projects!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org