All students begin the Leadership Development Program in the Green Leadership Certificate.
This certificate focuses on the first 3 C’s of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development: the individual values of Consciousness of Self, Congruence, & Commitment.
As a result of the Green Leadership Certificate, students will be able to:
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses, values, attitudes and emotions that motivate action. (Consciousness of Self)
- Examine how their actions are consistent with their beliefs and values. (Congruence)
- Describe their investment in an idea or person in terms of intensity and duration in order to serve the group and its goals. (Commitment)
Additionally, as a result of the Leadership Development Program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Build a relationship with a faculty/staff or peer mentor who will help connect personal goals to leadership development
- Network with successful alumni as well as college representatives
- participate in a program that looks great on a resume - leadership is important in every field
- Make a significant difference on the world around them through service, programs and social change
Overview of Green Leadership Certificate Program Requirements:
- Attend annual Kick Off event - What is Leadership?
- Attend a minimum of 6 Leadership Sessions - click here for listing
- 2 Consciousness of Self
- 2 Congruence
- 2 Commitment
- Meet monthly with faculty, staff or student mentor
- Complete a total of 6 journal responses
- Attend the Tunnel of Oppression - offered in the spring semester
- Attend one Socia-Cultural Conversation (SCC) - offered in the spring semester
- Complete at least one community service
- Attend the Annual Student Leadership Conference - offered in the spring semester
- Complete the evaluation at the end