Mission of Graduate Program in Recreation and Leisure Studies
The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies at The College at Brockport provides a program of advanced study that is built on the foundation of liberal arts and a nationally accredited undergraduate program that is designed to support the success of its students through:
- the acquisition of theory and competent practice skills for professional careers in middle and upper management and/or for continuing student’s education in doctorate programs
- critical, analytical, logical and creative thinking and the integration, synthesis and application of information to problem solving
- the integration of technology and communication skills
- working collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- an understanding of cultural diversity and global interdependence
- a commitment to ethical and professional standards and practice.
The program ensures that it is responsive to educational, professional, and societal needs by:
- adhering to national credentialing standards
- utilizing input from citizen advisory committees and student organizations
- engaging in an active agenda of learning and program outcome assessment.
The program supports the endeavors of students and faculty by:
- providing opportunities for professional development and exposure to cutting-edge didactic and practice skills in the profession
- supporting student and faculty involvement in research, and service to customers, the institution, professional organizations and the community.
Last Updated 10/19/12